Enquiry/Contact Points

What are enquiry points?

Enquiry/contact points are officials in government agencies tasked with answering questions that actors involved in international businesses may have about trade requirements, such as sanitary and phytosanitary measures (see guide on SPS) and technical barriers to trade (see guide on TBT). 

Where can I find enquiry points for TBT and SPS matters? 

TBT and SPS enquiry points must be notified to the World Trade Organization (WTO). The ePing Alert also provides a list with enquiry points for TBT and SPS measures notified by over 180 countries or territories. To contact the relevant enquiry points for your trade transactions, you can begin by checking the resource materials made available by ePing Alert. Also on that website, you can subscribe to receive notifications on TBT and SPS regulations that may affect your products and identify who to contact for any enquiries you may have. Visit the ePing Alert website.

How can I contact enquiry points for other goods trade procedures? 

The Global Trade Helpdesk provides information on enquiry points that you can contact to ask about matters related to exports, imports, and transit procedures. It also describes single window platforms (see guide on single windows) that you can use to submit all documents required by customs and other agencies to comply with local requirements and border procedures. When using the GTH website, you can check the section on navigating trade procedures by typing in the information required for your desired export or import transactions. Visit the Global Trade Helpdesk

Where can I learn more? 

The Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility (TFAF): The World Trade Organization has an online Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility that lists contact points for trade facilitation matters reported by about 90 countries or territories. If you need assistance with other trade-related matters, you can reach out to the contact points listed in the TFAF website and they may be able to answer your questions or direct you to the relevant enquiry officials. Visit the TFAF website.